Wednesday, June 11, 2008

RGIA n ME

Initially I thought what difference could RGIA that was comin up do to me after all it is an airport which usually doesn’t get the honour of my presence, rather I would have it just as a landmark that I could boast of being close to my house. How on earth could a mere presence of the airport alter that was around me since the beginning of my time.

As the usual ritual of almost every alternate weekend our family headed for Shamshabad market (one of the only two landmarks I knew on this side of the planet, the other being Parivar Dhaba) hoping to save a few bucks on daily groceries and vegetables, but my dorky mind was convinced the money that was saved was burned up in car fuel which the head of my family retorted as rubbish. I still have that tinge tickling my tongue of that maroon grapes stalls that decked up the narrow road that was supposed to be the Banglore(rather Bangaluru)highway, which I reckon can be got nowhere on the whole expanse of planet earth. Now these roadside stands have virtually disappeared but those which have managed to survive simply doesn’t stand up to the reputation that has been imbibed onto me of that brand. There were many things that I looked forward on this routine trip like the almost deserted highway encouraged us to embark on long trips to the unknowns but largely confined within probably an hour or two.

Then came the news when I was around class 7th or so that I heard that a new greenfield airport is going to come up somewhere around Shamshabad. As always, I was not interested in such news and this was further strengthened by “big” people around quashing them as rumours after all what has it to do with me. All I was worried about at that time was that the daemon Vittal Pal(a security) would invade our cricket pitch and would chase us on his cycle to the unknown edgeways of our beautiful campus saying that the pitch was only for vehicles to ply on(as it was the main road). Of course we didn’t leave him alone always we always tried to deliver maximum damage to his prodigious body.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thats really cool ;)

i hope u continue with ur splendid writing